Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What I'm Hearing

It was cool and rainy when I woke up- my FAVORITE kind of days to sleep late and hit the Wellfleet galleries or 6A with Mom on the Cape. Alas, not in this working world. Instead I said a quiet prayer of gratitude for the ability to wear yoga pants to work and hit the road, Jack.
On the way in, I was a bad person and turned off NPR's "Listener Support" Drive because it stresses me out. 93.1 it is. And then a rare thing happened. I heard a song I'd never heard before and loved it immediately. And not only did those two planets line up but a third dropped in when Len immediately told me who it was and the song name. That NEVER happens!
So now I'm listening to "Missed the Boat" by Modest Mouse. Now I'm hopping off to bed to dream Cape Cod dreams and wish that when I wake up, I can be in the cottage to have coffee with my lucky mother who has just arrived there this evening.

No comments: