Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Basics Addendum: Food & Weather

I took the time to write a nice big "check out my culture" post tonight (below: it's not showing up on Reader for some reason) and then failed to mention the silly stuff. Food and the weather.

Healthy Dinner- Baked chicken with Rendezvous BBQ sauce (brought back from Thanksgiving), steamed broccoli and whole wheat couscous.

Weather- 48 degree drop in 24 hours. Sick. I had my new shoes on today with no socks. Somehow don't think I'll be able to get away with that tomorrow.

7 comments:

DShan said...

okay. i love to cook. i'm a decent cook. but i would not be insulted at an invite to eat your cooking. it all sounds...well...yummy.

it doesn't help that i'm starving at 11pm.

Anonymous said...

I love it. It was beautiful in the morning, all the snow melted. Then it poured, dropped 20+ degrees, snowed and is now 0. Ah, only in Chicago!

TKTC said...

D: Not insulted, eh? Well I am always looking for test subjects and dinner party patrons so I will tag you on the listerv. The only rule is no picky eaters (other than allergies...don't die on me). Also, I think you need to eat more. Make a grilled cheese and go to bed:)

FF: When I left the gym yesterday morning, it was 46. When I left the gym this morning it "felt like" -24. What's wrong with this picture?

Shanti said...

cute flats. freakin random chicago weather. my mom and sis are flying out there next weekend for my sisters gymnastics meet and they're going to die in the cold. i told them they could just switch the name on one of the tickets to mine and i'd be glad to endure the crappy weather. they didn't buy it.

Anonymous said...

Those are seriously fun shoes.

Susie said...

I loveee the shoes. And I'm with D that I want to have some of your cooking :) :)

TKTC said...

Shanti: Thanks! And don't come nooooow. Come when it's fun! Come when it's stunning! Come when the air isn't like swimming in dry ice!!

Miss Scarlett: Buttons or flowers, buttons or flowers?? I just don't know. AND I just finished my dinner. Which was sensational. Which you already knew because you and Rhett had it two days ago. YUM.