Thursday, November 8, 2007

Beets, Bears, Battlestar Galctica OR Bogs, Baking, Benefit, Big Business

I am going to be swamped today. I wish I had time to tell you about how happy it made me to see that OceanSpray had set up a cranberry bog in front of my client’s offices on Michigan Ave yesterday. They were giving away Craisins and Diet CranGrape and 100% Cranberry which is delightful afternoon "cocktail" when halved with Raspberry LaCroix. I want the time to talk about cranberry bogs on the Cape and how that made me think of Thanksgiving, part of a 2-way tie for my favorite holiday. If I didn’t have SO much work to get done, I would tell you all about the cranberry walnut muffin that Jones is bringing back from my favorite bakery in Oxford, OH.Or the cranberry colored lipgloss that Benefit just released. If I weren’t so “bogged down” with to-do lists and anti-aging ingredients, I know I would make time to tell you all about the anti-oxidants in cranberries and I would probably post my recipe for a pear-cranberry crostata which would make me think of baking. And if I wasn’t SO strapped for time this would make me think of the Pie-maker and how it saddened my not to have Ned, Chuck and Detective Cod in my life this week. There just aren’t enough hours in the day. So instead, you have this rambling outline of what I will happily produce for you as soon as I get a spare minute. I will talk tartly about the bright seas of sweet spots that appears in New England around this time of year. And I will watch The Office because Kellie Pickler can’t cry through primetime TV two nights in a row without having a very bitter berry to deal with.

No comments: