Friday, January 11, 2008

But I Thought I Was the Last Gelfling

Well, I am putting off recipes one more time because we ended up at Smoke Daddy last night instead of cooking- live music, BBQ and an honest-to-God favorite person. We got started on the stories and the catch-up and the next time I looked up, there were chairs on top of tables and the musicians were being paid out at the bar.

I am going to bed now as, for whatever the fantastic reason, I decided to be awake till 6am. And I have got some BIG plans tomorrow night!

Also- the intern I hired who was set to start in three days? Backed out. So if anyone knows a college junior or senior in Chicago with an interest in PR and/or the beauty industry- please send them my way!

PS If you just absolutely have to know how I kept myself busy for all of the wee small hours of the morning, I encourage you to reference the origin of the title of this post. If you ever thought I was on the weird side before, this oughta put a wax stamped seal on it. This does not phase Jaimeson in the least. Quirk loves company.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

smoke daddy's! mmm.

now i want bbq. like immediately.

do you ever go to streeters? the beer pong bar?

Susie said...

My roommate and I own the Dark Crystal! Such a good movie. Labyrinth? Also amazing.

TKTC said...

DiD: I have never even heard of Streeters. WTF? Possible location for Chicago happy hour!

Sus: You own it? I was thinking I was the lone one there. I'm speechless.
Nevermind- You have thirteen hours in which to solve the labyrinth.

Shanti said...

*streeters! omg i passed by that place for years *i went to loyola and most of my time was at the water tower campus* but i never knew it was the beer pong bar.

*i can't believe your intern backed out. i think everyone i know in chicago who is interested in PR is past the interning stage, but i'll ask around.

nicole antoinette said...

Sometimes I stay up till all hours of the night/morning doing the most absurd things.

And yes, "Quirk loves company" indeed.