Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Once" More with Feeling

Just came home from the gym and caught a really great piece on NPR about the movie "Once" en route. I don't know anyone who's seen this film and not loved it. I saw it twice in theaters (rare) and then again in Mexico when Brother got it for Christmas. Talk about chemistry and how much power two people can put into a song. They performed live during the interview and you can pick up the podcast here. I think the segment starts about a third of the way in. Also the interview made me want to read "The Swell Season" by Josef Skvorecky- anyone out there read it yet?

After 11 hours of sleep and a sadistic morning at the gym, I am hitting the showers and getting ready for the dance...I may do hot rollers, just for the sake of nostalgia.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I still want to see this. I have the sountrack and it is fabulous. Now I want to see it even more!