I'm here! In a bright sunroom in Southwestern England! Molly and Nick are still asleep but after 8 NORMALLY timed hours of rest, I'm once again a morning person.
- The train to the airport was on time, my flight was on time and David (Nick's dad) was waiting for me at Heathrow. I did not check a bag. You are SO impressed.
- I did not make a new boyfriend on the aeroplane. I sat next to a rather overzealous guy who refused to stop speaking a rapid mix of Arabic/English until the flight attenadant stood over home and watched him shut it off.
- He also patted me on the leg 3/4 of the way through the in-flight film, "Becoming Jane," to ask me the name of it again because it is his life story.
- And when I needed to get back into my window seat from my lone Atlantic WC break, he did not stand up, rather he shuffled around to hang his legs off the side so I needed to scoot by him with one or the other side of me in his face. This is approximately a half hour after he asked me, out of nowhere exactly how tall I am and how often I wear "major high heels." Gew.
-Nick's house is BEAUTIFUL. It's on top of a huge hill and the back yard looks out over the greenest spring valley I've seen. It seriously looks like the entire back side of the house is on constant screensaver of the Teletubbies intro. It is 9am. THere are sheep in the valley.
-Yesterday afternoon David let me throw a biscuit at a fox that was in the backyard. A real fox.
- Molly and I squealed when I picked her up at the train yestrerday. I scared a taxi driver.
- We had proper fish and chips for dinner last night. Plus three beers each for Molly and I. Ha...I'm a lightweight in England.
- Need to get that under control because we have a pub lunch in Oxted today and then we are "No Sleep Nancies" with Jaimeson & Co tomorrow in Birmingham.
So far, this is my best impulse decision in recent memory.