Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weepies Coming Out of "Hideaway"


Back in the early TKTC days (you know, 5 months ago) I had written a post about The Weepies. You know how you hear a song sometimes and you like it and you do the "Mental Note" thing? And the Mental Note inevitably gets lost in a pile under the coffee table mixed in with old JCrew catalogs and empty Netflix envelopes?

Happens to me a good bit. Happened to me when I first heard the Weepies actually but I'll be damned if they didn't just keep popping up in the strangest places. I was a fan in earnest by the time I noticed they were a part of The Hotel Cafe crew or that they were working with Rachael Yamagata on Mandy Moore's most recent offering. They've had all kinds of commercial success since then but they disappeared for a bit, which, in my humble opinion, everyone is entitled to do.

Particularly if they come away from commercial hibernation with a teaser like this (and a new baby for that matter, how productive!). Hideaway is out April 22nd and I've tied a string around my finger , bought some Forget-Me-Nots and put a note in iCal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the announcement last week from iTunes that their album is available for pre-order. I picked it up, of course. Got the first single and the album "should" automatically download when the album get released next Monday night.

Flight of the Conchords's first US release also comes out on the 22nd. Great day for new music !

Angela said...

I'm so excited. LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

I never heard of them, but I love their name!

TKTC said...

Shawn: ON IT! It's hot season from hear on out I think. I just found out Priscilla Ahn's new album is out on June 10th. And auspicious day in and of itself:)

Angela: We should really trade music more often. We love the same folks!

Jenn: You're gonna like em. And I'm sorry to have missed Minnie's but I think I'd FINALLY left for the gym right about when the email came in. Next time!

Unknown said...

What is the teaser? I couldn't get it to play.

TKTC said...

Ken: I'm sorry it wasn't working for you! It still works on my Mac but haven't tried it on a different systerm.
Try this one:
http://www.nettwerk.com/media/ram/TheWe_Hid.ram
OR, perhaps the easiest, is to go to http://www.myspace.com/theweepies where they are also previewing the song.

Anonymous said...

oh man, i heart the weepies. hideaway is such a stellar song. i've been singing it all day.

L Sass said...

Awesome! I need to check them out right away!