In the bright heart of procrastination and in acknowledgment of the weekend ahead, let us toast to party prep...it's one of my favorite parts!
Caro and I, are throwing a joint Gemini birthday party for ourselves and a few of our girlfriends in the garden. My birthday isn't for another week and a half but Caro's was over Memorial Day so we're splitting the difference. The Quarter Centennial couldn't go unmarked after all!
Here's how this is lining up...after all the whining I've done about the weather this month, tomorrow is set to be 78 and sunny. Additionally, I've planned out one of my favorite menus to date and Caro has dubbed herself fantastic sous chef in residence. Also of note, as it is Saturday tomorrow, I plan on haggling some peonies at the close of the farmer's market. It's a garden party. Plus a good bit of wine.
Did I mention that Do-Division Street Fest happens at the end of my street? So after are fun and frills, we walk straight into beer and live music. A perrrrfectly duplicitous birthday for Caro and I, both.
What is on the menu you ask? Great question, I'm thrilled you're interested.
Light Bites to Start
- Crab Bites- 4 ingredients and they can be made tonight then baked tomorrow!
- Portobello Mushroom, Goat Cheese and Carmelized Shallot Flatbread- I bought some beautiful mushrooms at the Farmer's Market on a grilled, homemade flatbread? Oughta turn out. Though I'm making this one up as I go...
- Homemade Tzatziki with toasted pita triangles and veggies
Dinner- Garden Bar
- Massive amount of Lettuce
- Grilled Lemon-Garlic Rosemary Chicken, sliced (I'm going to start marinating them tonight and they can be grilled in the morning)
- Nicoise olives
- Sliced Avocadoes
- Sliced radishes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Yellow peppers
- Homemade croutons
- Sliced, hard-boiled eggs
- (Think of all that COLOR!)
Minted Sugar Snap Peas (tonight)
Barefoot Contessa Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Espresso frosting (the famous one)
ANDMadeleines from Camille with dark fruit garnish (black cherries, blackberries, strawberries)
So it's a pretty produce-heavy menu, right? I went to Stanley's after work and got enough produce to serve this menu to 15 ladies for....$40. No wonder everyone at Stanley's is always in such a good mood!! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got just a few things to see about...