Aunt Mary's Amazing Vanilla Rhubarb Cake
(aka best way to come home from beach yoga on world record)
1 pkg vanilla cake mix (Mary's was organic)
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1 pint (two cups) heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 then grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs with a hand mixer at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pan.
- Top with rhubarb then sprinkle sugar over the top of the rhubarb and batter.
- Pour cream on top of batter, rhubarb and sugar. This will create a custard consistency once cooked- OMG (Did I use that right? ).
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Tent top if browning too quickly.
- Serve warm and steal a couple squares for yourself because it will go FAST.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Coming Soon (thanks Smitten Kitchen!)
This is not the end of the rhubarb talk, friends. I may have promised someone a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and Battlestar Galactica when he gets in next week.