Saturday, July 12, 2008

Procreation of Awesome

Pritzker Pavilion during The Decemberists last year

I was just whining away about having to miss Fleet Foxes at Pitchfork but then I ingeniously deduced that they would be playing a FREE Preview Show at Pritzker Pavilion on Thursday night, July 17th! I think this is being co-produced by Music Without Borders...awesome.

And speaking of FREE...run over to emusic.com to pick up the FREE Pitchfork Sampler!! I love emusic- much more affordable for those of you with "I loved Indie before it was so cool it wasn't" tattooed over your heart in broken goldleaf cursive. Like me. 50 downloads a month for under $15...yes please.

While we're on the topic, one of the guys from Grizzly Bear just posted his top 17 for the moment and you can stream them from his site. He also has a pretty fabulous garden which makes me like him even more.

So what I'm telling you is that a few kickass items are making babies and you get to check them all out. FOR FREE!

Can you tell I'm running on fumes, so to speak, till payday? "Necessity is the mother of invention!" says Mom.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's so awesome. Enjoy the show.

Colleen said...

How great of you to post the Fleet Foxes info - my friend is missing Pitchfork, too, so I sent her your blog link.

Thanks! Enjoy the show.

So@24 said...

Decemberists are AMAZING.

A

Maze

Ing.

Bogart said...

Have you read Paste magazine?

If not, you need to...plus, every couple of months they include a CD Sampler with 30 or so indi artists featured. Highly recommend it!