That said, my favorite thing about Tumblr (2nd to ease of use) is the idea of the "Re-Blog" or basically the ability to quickly throw a Ditto on anything a buddy of yours introduces to the internets. Today I saw two quick quotes that I really liked and will thus share the old-fashioned way (the sources are worth adding to your readers):
“ If you are ten years out of high school and you say, ‘damn, those were the best years of my life,’ I don’t want anything to do with you. You scare me."
- Stephen King via better than cupcakes
“When sharing music becomes foreplay, you know you have something beautiful.”
Five other tidbits:
- I took two pounds of basil (the size of a bunch of swiss chard...no joke...bought for $2 at the farmer's market Saturday) and made an ice cube tray of overflowing pesto. It's my savings account for when I need to taste summer in the winter and a rainy day fund for when I come home ravenous but lazy.
- Tomorrow I will have a bigger food post, including a special treat from Pop Pop that I recreated for dinner tonight because it sounded so good and I was aclready craving (sauteed bay scallops on fresh greens with dried cherries, goat cheese, crushed macadamia nuts and homemade dressing).
- I have no idea what to wear tomorrow.
- There are various withdrawal symptoms that seem to come into play after I've had quality time with a particular person. They are getting stranger. General malaise. Misplaced furniture. Sleep disorders. Giggling in public places at things that are not funny to the general public, nor generally myself, excluding specific company (ex: the eating of babies).
- Ok, enough silliness. I have work tomorrow! I shall again be useful and join the commute into the pillars of people of this great Metropolis!
wish me luck...i'm leaving extra early in case the CTA proves to be too complicated for she who can't remember why there are books all over her apartment.