Ah yes, one of those things is not like the other. I'll get there.
Above we have a scene from the kitchen during tonight's Monday meal prep. Karyn ran over from Old Town, showered and spent the rest of her birthday dinner in her birthday suit and a very stylish towel wrap. Gina came straight from training but skipped the shower. Joner was a frock-rocking basil-tearing machine and Bec wore one of my oversize buttondowns around, buttoned all the way up as mosquito/frosting protection.
I'd put the picture up but I think I need approval on that one first.
- Zucchini fritters with yogurt and apricot jam
- Mixed greens with balsamic roasted plums and blue cheese*
- Pork scallopini (Divina Cucina style=fennel pollen!)
- Pappardelle with heirloom tomatoes and fresh pesto
- Chocolate Cake with Guiness poured over the top
I'm grateful for beautiful nights like this one. I snuck off to the downtown farm stand to grab beautiful plums at lunch was home in time to head to the butcher shop. I've made that chocolate cake so many times that I think I could do it blindfolded and the rest...while creating a breathtaking path of dishes and destruction...came together simply. We ate outside in the magic garden and I just needed that.