Saturday, November 17, 2007

Return of the Crazy

Fun night last night- D$ got in safe and sound bearing a damn good/wildly unnecessary housewarming gift. PAZZO is my favorite wine and, similarly to my taste for other things, it is a little crazy and tough to find when you're craving it.

I think my parents found it first at the Nauset Beach Club, a Cape Cod staple, and then addicted everyone who encountered it with us. It's everything I want in a wine: rich, high tanins, lots of dark fruit and something a little unexpected. Review from someone more qualified:

Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, December 2005 issue:

Pazzo “Call me crazy” 2003 Napa Red Rated 91, Outstanding.
This innovative effort from Claus Janzen is made with the assistance of Nils Venge’s winemaker son, Kirk Venge. The 2003 Pazzo is an undeniably delicious, hedonistically styled red made from a blend of 66% Sangiovese, and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and a touch of Viognier. An evolved garnet color is followed by explosive aromas of dried herbs, strawberry liqueur, cherries, spice, pepper, and a hint of new saddle leather. With superb fruit, a lush, round attack and mid-section, and a heady finish, this is a complex California red to enjoy now and over the next 3-4 years.
----
We also hit up my now regular spot, Mas, for seafood risotto in baby pumpkins, empanadas, tuna tacos, and chicken tostadas. And I took Jess' advice and had a Pisco Sour before dinner. Alright, I had two:) Then Phyllis' Musical Inn for some great people-watching, music, company and the kind of jack & diets only a cash bar can give you.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Mmmm your dinner sounds amazing!

I tagged you in a meme :)

Jessica Quirk said...

yo! I am the Pisco Sour lover. ;)

TKTC said...

I will correct it immediately! Although, to be fair Jess, I thought it was you and searched your blog for Pisco Sour. Nothing came up and I thusly thought I imagined it.