Saturday, January 5, 2008

An Apple Today

In such a random mood...change of dinner plans on account of butterflies (of both the single & married varieties) so now I'm trying to figure out what sounds like fun tonight. Something delicious, different and involving people I thoroughly enjoy.

Maybe I'll go to New York tonight. Haven't been in 4 years and between Midwest Jess, Bethany and Abs (Chicago partner in crime), I'm pretty sure I could rustle up some really last minute mischief to get us into. Between d-blogged's dinner at Camaje, Julia's New Year at Soho House and the fun new NYC bloggers I've come upon, I've been in a New York state of mind lately.

Why does this always happen when I've been traveling? As soon as I take out my passport or a 1 quart zippy bag, I'm already 600 (or 6,000) miles away again in my head.


Just checked LastMinute.com and JetBlue- not gonna happen for this weekend. But my guess is that it will be sooner rather than later. Just because I love my own city doesn't mean I can't have a quick affair with someone else's. Although this NYC blogger's take on the Chicago design scene did make me smile:)

No comments: