Saturday, February 23, 2008

soulshine, Its better than sunshine, Its better than moonshine, Damn sure better than rain

I'm still tinkering with how to address the back end of the week. Interesting that while I've been marinating, it's been a pretty stellar day.

- Got up at a decent hour, laughing with one of my very favorite people.

-Went on a bender at my favorite Dominick's. You should yell at me if you see a restaurant review posted on here anytime in the next 3 weeks. Should have taken a cart picture. Full and SO HEALTHY. I even bought vegetarian falafel and vegan meatballs. How proud are you?

-Bought myself a dozen orange roses for $10. $40 on Valentine's Day but a crisp ten-spot of brightness on a Saturday and they suit a very cold morning when my insides are all warm. Pictured above.

- Downloaded with Caro. Patiently listening from her hangover.

- Watched "Stones of Blood," Part 2.

-Caught up with Pop and Aunt Cindy.

- Took nap on couch in sunlight with cat for 2 hours.

- Got coffee, caught up and shopped WP with PBR. It is really nice to finally know someone who I can talk to and meet at the corner coffee shop 5 minutes later. Walked her past Violet Hour, my new absolute favorite nightspot. In addition to Pint, of course.

- Read my book for 2 hours, listened to iPod on random. Found music I love that I already own. Need to do this more often. Today: Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson, who will be at the Park West March 28 and 30!! Also wishing I had a copy of the song I heard this morning.

- Went through life archives for an hour with Jess. While sitting Indian-style on my kitchen table leaning on the window so I can get service. More on that later but definitely puts me back in a New York state of mind.

- Supposed to go to a concert tonight but I am so tired. So I'm going to have "family time" in LF with Abs and CVDJ instead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love orange roses :)

Susie said...

You know it's going to be a good day when you wake up laughing :)

Seriously, you did a lot today. So fun you can hang out with Erin!

TKTC said...

Jenn: I'm gonna recommend you go grab some at the Dominick's I was visiting (Higgins & Cumberland). They will brighten your day on your own account.

Susie: Even better when someone's making you laugh;) And yes, it's nice having Erin over here and she's never been to Pint! GASP!

erin said...

So great to hang out yesterday! And we must go to Pint/Violet Hour sometime soon (esp now that hopefully the world is defrosting). You didn't tell me you bought vegan meatballs - love it.

You need to get that cellphone service thing worked out :)

Christy Lou Who said...

ahh Ingrid! So in love with her.

TKTC said...

Erin: Oh I love that. I was a waste of space last night (you're not surprised. I was hungover and tasting tea in my coffee at what? 3pm?) but weekend after next? Done. Talk about a fuuun neighborhood night! Interesting enough...Veggie Bite has not posted nutrition facts. As they are moving next door, I need to know what I am getting into:)

And I kinda want a land line. Let's consider this.

ChristyLou: Me too- I'm excited cause there's a good chance I'll get to meet her and I've heard she's really cool. Currently listening to "Die Alone" and it's surprisingly chipper.