Monday, November 12, 2007

L'attention!

A few things that caught my eye today:

Slate.com hopped right into the trenches for an Economists' take on dating. Really though, they went to a bar and asked everyone to judge based on desirability (think short-term benefits). As fun as that may be, it's not dating so let's not kid ourselves.

Jenn posted some hysterical Ikea ads. Also, Ikea is brilliant. They made commercials they knew damn well wouldn't air but would instead become viral rockstars. I am 100% stating the obvious but it needed to be said.

I broke into Camille's archives and stole this. I kinda do still wish I'd bought the T-shirt.

Miss Scarlett found a healthy way to make one of my favorite things!

Cat Lady, Bag Lady...I guess the one thing we have in common on Monday's is the Crazy part. Foodmomiac finds an EcoChic way to shop.

Gibbs found an artsy way for me to think of Kate & I's edamame alternative for a salt fix.

Jakob & Julia
found a Disney-friendly way to pass their beach time in the Domincan Republic. I need to find a way to do this, but to the tune of anything from the Wicked soundtrack. Seriously, I'm a Broadway-quality performer if I'm on mute and someone else does "the other stuff." And the stage-hands stay on strike so the stage is dark while I'm attempting to coordinate any of my own movements.

Also in Jakob & Julia news, they have moved to a whole new level of overshare by creating a blog for and about their relationship. I'm a little grossed out by the concept and still intrigued which grosses me out further. Thank God work is busy right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IKEA, along with book stores everywhere, will put me in debt some day (more than I am now I mean haha)

Jessica Quirk said...

ugh. I have a love/hate relationship with J&A. I love their story, but Jake is such an ass in real life. Julia seems sweet.

gibbs12 said...

thaaaanks for the link yo !