Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Too Pretty to Type/ Bob's Birthday

It's silly pretty outside so I'm bustin a move out of this office and into the evening for a walk-n-talk with PBR. I will leave you with short thoughts.

- Greek yogurt is totally back. I will also need a great tzatziki recipe if I'm going to continue in my Athenian quest. If Jackie O can do it...- I leave for the UK in one week. Exactly. I'm sorry in advance if I post this a lot in different variations:
  • This time next week I will be having a tea with Mel, David, Nan & Dandy in an English country kitchen.
  • This time next week I will be watching soccer with Nick while humming Take That & Oasis songs.
  • This time next week I will drinking pints with Molly & Steph and taking regrettable photos with someone else's camera.
  • This time next week I will be kissing Jaimeson on the beard in the middle of the industrial district in Birmingham.
  • This time next week I will be wandering Soho with DK and some cockney drag queens we've befriended.
- I get to bowl and drink during work hours tomorrow. Last time I was out with this team...well, it was colorful. And after bowling I'm headed to the Hopleaf for Bobby J's birthday. This is the photo his wife sent out with the invite. It is perfect.In his spare time, Bobby J likes to play obscure video games, obsess over Settlers of the Catan and ruin pictures whether he is in them or taking them ("You're camera is broken." Points at self and takes photo OR "1...3..7...9..wait, 9 isn't a prime number...TKTC, you're not smiling enough").

He has a longstanding commitment to drinking the last glass of my good milk and saying ugly things to my cat. He married my best friend from college who, when they were "talking" in high school, famously said to him, "Bob, if we were dating, this would be us breaking up." Hope springs eternal and now look at them: Ruining pictures together and attending Chinese lunch buffets. Happy Birthday you smelly, overgrown opossum.

10 comments:

nicole antoinette said...

I LOVE TZATZIKI.

Like.. in ridiculous amounts. I could eat it like all damn day.

Shit, now I'm CRAVING it.

I HATE YOU.

just kidding... xoxo

Anonymous said...

I saw Ingrid and your main squeeze on Leno last night!

Nilsa S. said...

Wasn't today GORGEOUS. Lucky me, I had already planned to work from home. So, I opened the windows, let the pup roam out onto the balcony, went with a run for her at lunch and then went on a long walk with her and Sweets after work. Ahhhhh, all the reasons I love this city so!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you/catch up/eat vegan fast food.

And I am bowling tomorrow too! (although it is post-work, but with drinks as usual).

TKTC said...

NA: You and Me BOTH, sisterfriend, you an me both. You won't hate me if I make you some kickass tzatziki in LA this summer...shhh nothing final yet!

Jenn: You stayed up :) I did too. I squealed and then made him stay on the phone later while I watched his 2 minutes again. Super fun!

Nilsa: It WAS. PERFECT day to have a pupperoo!

PBR: Fabulous to catch you over vegan chilidogs. BTW, if VB and I get married, you're in the partay.

Susie said...

Ohhh how I cannot wait to hear the England stories.

I'm living vicariously through you so make it good!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

tzatziki, damn that stuff is good!!!

all it really is is yogurt cucumber and garlic. some people add sour cream to thicken it up, but not if you are a "real" greek.

: )

DShan said...

will you please add some testosterone to these neighborhood walk and chats? and some puppy?

i know a household that can provide both.

Anonymous said...

jumping on the tzatziki bandwagon right now. so delish. oh man.

and! if you're in LA this summer, i will seriously endure shitty traffic to hang out with you. so don't even tease us like that.

Laurie Stark said...

ohmygod I love Greek yogurt. I just found you on 20 Something Bloggers and I'm glad I did!