Second- I can't believe it's Friday. Thank God I'm allowed to come back on Monday because I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of things around the office. For instance:
- I learned how to open a New Document in the new Microsoft Word. Seriously...I was so confused. This from a writer...I thought I knew you, Word. I really thought we had something special going. You're a whole different animal with your Office voice on.
- I am an appointment-setting fool on Outlook. And those appointments are amazing. No joke...people come in and they tell me everything I could've hoped to know and then show me how to do things on my computer. For a social media person, I have a surprising amount to learn about Windows shortcuts and the mystery know as "intranet."
- I actually don't mind making my own lunch. Or getting up with enough time to make and take my coffee the way I like it. I didn't eat till late in the day but the tuna salad with cherry tomatoes halved and making a smiley face and romaine lettuce bangs? Made me laugh and reminded me to schedule a hair appt.
- I love brainstorms. That's the kind of thing that people respond with, "Yeah...you say that now but just wait." I don't think so this time. It's energizing. It's invigorating. It's inspiring to be at a table with a bunch of smart cookies. And the fact that I'm allowed to sit in on these my first week and contribute is just plain rad.
- The rest of my days have been spent reading cases, reading blogs (one dedicated to artisan cured meats- wow) and listening to various covers by the Vitamin String Quartet. Hallelujah (from the So You Think You Can Dance finale) is getting me incredibly jazzed and isn't distracting. And speaking of Dance Dance Dance...CONGRATULATIONS!
TKTC Note: Also, dinner tonight was whole wheat pasta with sauteed sliced courgettes and two cubes of pesto. Have half for lunch tomorrow. Freezing that pesto is one of the nicest things I've done for myself in awhile. If I go to bed now, we may have a very pleasant trend on our hands.
Final thing that made me do a jig before bed? May have been compared to a particularly fabled writer but with food (curly hair, great shoes). Those are some mighty big stilettos to fill but here's to big feet and a lot of subjugating till Labor Day!