L to R: Me and Nick last summer at his old house near Gatwick, with Molly at the US v Brazil game before she left for France, with Jaimeson a couple weeks ago, with KMo in Barcelona last summer.
A) What I could have afforded for dinner had I not had all the fixins for some stellar tunafish.
B) what I will be saying to all my friends, colleagues and HC in exactly two weeks and 30 minutes when I've decided to go spend 6 days with Nick, Molly, Jaimeson, Kate & Meri in the UK. Where everything is twice as expensive. (The first 4 in that order are above. Meri's got a story so that's a post in progress...it's a good one)
TKTC Tuna Panini
TKTC Tuna Panini
- 1 can all-white albacore packed in water
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Light Mayo
- 1 TB diced yellow onion
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 oz Gruyere
- Fistful of Baby Spinach leaves
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Mix all ingredients through parsley in a small bowl. Let cat at remaining bits in tuna can (if applicable).
- Heat a small pan coated with Pam. Add tortilla, flip after 30 seconds.
- While other side heats through, add thinly sliced gruyere in parallel strips. Stack spinach leaves on top of melting cheese then add tunafish mixture.
- Fold, flatten and serve. Happens to pair exceptionally well with Fat Tire but what doesn't?
C) Good thing my loves are priceless (please, roll your eyes. I deserve it). Aren't Cheerios good for your heart too? Provided you don't buy them in pounds. HA!
Let's pretend C) never happened, K?
My All-American tax refund can't come fast enough. Thank God it's an adventure- how could I ever justify it otherwise.
TKTC Note: Any volunteers to love on HC while I'm gone? She hates Cheerios but apparently loves tuna.Surprise, surprise.